Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents must be in pdf format. Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
Project Assistant II
Owl Ridge Natural Resource Consultants, Inc. is based in Anchorage, Alaska. Owl Ridge Natural Resource Consultants, Inc. (Owl Ridge) was formed in 2012 as a small business enterprise to provide a full range of environmental consulting services including planning, permitting, and compliance. Professionals with high levels of experience, competence, and expertise form the foundation of our business. The Project Assistant II must embrace the company model and execute as a key part of their position responsibilities.
Anchorage, Alaska (Headquarters)
The primary duty of the Project Assistant II is to support the technical staff and day-to-day office operations:
- Document management: compilation of electronic reports, proofreading, editing, formatting, reproduction and assembly, distribution, and document control
- Implementing file management procedures for draft retention/deletion
- Support technical staff with word processing, spreadsheet, illustrations, and data entry.
- Development of standard operating procedures for internal systems
- Maintain web page, promotional material, and statement of qualifications
- Manage equipment inventory
- General office support: supplies, cleanliness and appearance, printer maintenance, and train staff on equipment as necessary
- Develop databases and systems for compliance manuals and project records
- Support Health and Safety reporting
- Credit card and expense report reconciliation
- Travel logistics
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Manage invoicing
- Liaison and coordination with IT consultant for IT needs.
Position Qualifications and Skills
Associate degree or B.S./B.A. or higher education in writing, natural science, engineering or related discipline, with at least two years of experience at similar position. Education requirement may be exchanged by additional years of experience. Desired skills include: Excellent skills with MS Word, and proficiency with MS Excel; attention to detail; excellent written and verbal communication skills; self-motivated; ability to solve problems; ability to manage time effectively.
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Designation
This position is a non-exempt position paid on an hourly basis and overtime pay is applicable. Overtime must be approved by supervisor.
This position may have travel requirements to remote Alaska project sites or other Owl Ridge office locations.
Remuneration and Profit Sharing
Owl Ridge philosophy is to share in the success with all employees through profit sharing and remunerate key staff for work that results in profits and increased revenue.